Owning new furniture for the first time is a great experience. Many people who purchase new furniture are planning for it to last a lifetime. For those that want their furniture to stay looking like new for its lifespan, many choose furniture with Crypton fabric.
About Crypton Fabric
Crypton fabric is stain resistant and water resistant which means any water-based liquids accidentally spilled on it will not be soaked up. Crypton uses a moisture shield that prevents any spills from soaking into the cushion beneath. This fabric is also made to inhibit bacterial growth. The fabric can even be disinfected and deodorized using a specially made Crypton sanitizer
Overall, this makes furniture pieces with Crypton fabric a smart purchase, and an investment of beauty that will last a long time. But what happens when there’s an accident? Life certainly has its ways of making the treasured mundane moments all too exciting. The following is a simple comprehensive guide to help you when life has gotten a bit messy.
Light to Medium Stains
Before you break out your steam cleaner you should know that Crypton fabric does not require extreme deep cleaning measures for light to medium accidents. What you will need:
- Tooth brush or sponge
- Old towels or paper towels
- Two spray bottles (one for the cleaning solution, one for water to rinse)
- A cleaning solution that has a mild enzyme
When disaster strikes make sure that you catch it early and follow these suggested steps:
- Blot up any liquids or brush away dirt as quickly as you possibly can.
- Grab one of your spray bottles and pour in ¼ tsp. of your mild enzyme solution (You can easily research popular brands like Guardsman® for enzyme solutions online). Add 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Give your spray bottle a good shake and spray the solution directly onto the affected area.
- Work the solution in by gently rubbing with the bristles of the toothbrush from the outside of the stain inwards. You may opt for a sponge if you are uncomfortable with a toothbrush.
- Leave the solution alone for 5-10 minutes.
- Using the other spray bottle, fill it with lukewarm water and spray several times over the stain.
Blot the area with towels and allow to air dry.
You may find that things are not lifting as effectively as you would like. In this case, you can consider using Guardsman® Stain and Odor Eliminator for Fabric. And if things are proving extra tough to knock out, repeat steps 2-6 as needed; persistence is key here!
If you would like more information about stain treatment, or about heirloom furniture pieces that use Crypton fabrics, visit Amish Oak in Texas at either of our showrooms in San Antonio, TX or New Braunfels, TX.